Submissions Are Open
We are now accepting submissions year round!
We are interested in your best works of poetry, flash fiction, lyric essay and translation. We have open minds! If you have a project that doesn't fit any common genre description...we are interested! We love strange and mysterious things. We are, in fact, strange and mysterious things ourselves.
- Our reading fee includes a chapbook of your choice. Browse our books via the "Choose your chap" scrollbar below, make a purchase and then send us your work for consideration.
- Send us your previously unpublished chapbook manuscript of 25 - 35 pages as a PDF attachment in an email to: email@example.com.
- If individual poems in the manuscript have been previously published in journals, that's great!, but the manuscript as a whole should be original.
- Please do include an acknowledgments page for previously published poems.
- In your email, please include a brief description of your chapbook as well as a brief author bio of yourself.
- Don't forget to buy one of our chapbooks first. We regret that we must charge a reading fee to stay operational, but hope you will enjoy the "even trade" spirit of our policy.
- At this time, we can only work with writers based in the United States.
We will review and respond to submissions on a rolling basis. You can expect to hear from us within 3 - 6 months. If it takes us longer to respond to your submission, feel free to send us a query email. Also, we think simultaneous submissions are fine, but please let us know if your chapbook is accepted elsewhere.
If accepted for publication, one of our artists will create original works in response to your manuscript which will be incorporated into the book. Please do not send us your own original illustrations. If you do have artwork in mind, or are an artist yourself, let us know in your cover letter.
Thank you for considering Ghostbird Press as a possible home for your chapbook. We can't wait to read your work!